BOC: Last Days of May *band*

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Thu Jul 30 14:02:45 EDT 1998

I've mentioned this band before, in passing ...

On Thu, 30 Jul 1998 11:14:02 -0400, brian halligan <brianh at PULLEYN.COM> wrote:

>Ran across this while searching for Billy Duffy's new band "Colorsound".
>
>http://www.no-fi.com/lastdays/index.html
>
>Guitarist is from Dream Syndicate.

Correct, and author of "Wings of Mercury".

>Wasn't the keyboardist on Club Ninja from that band?

Yes, Tommy Zvoncheck played with the Dream Syndicate on their 'Medicine
Show' album, and the follow-up 'Not the New Dream Syndicate ... Live!'
mini-LP.  Didn't he also play on Imaginos?

>And didn't Sandy Pearlman produce some of their albums?

The aforementioned 'Medicine Show'.

I recently picked up the 'Last Days of May' CD, and it's pretty darn good.
Long, expansive, instrumental guitar-scapes with some ripping leads from
Mr. Percoda, as well as some nice moody, subdued parts.  Doesn't really
sound specifically like the Dream Syndicate (or any of Percoda's other
post-D.S. bands like the Droogs) or even BOC, but it's really cool stuff.
Recommended.

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com