OFF: Stairway to Heaven

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Sat Feb 8 13:21:46 EST 1997

> While we're on this thread... has any of you heard a "Stairway to Heaven"
> cover recorded circa 1985 by a band going by the name of Far Corporation ?
> Interesting tidbit : Bobby Kimball, Steve Lukather and David Paich (all 3 of
> Toto fame) were among the 6+ members of the band. The cover was nonetheless
> very impressive and quite good. The rest of the album is so-so (some tracks
> are interesting, though). In fact, the funny thing is that this was the very
> first version I heard of StH. Of course, since then I've heard & bought the
> original Led Zep version (as well as several albums of the band).

I've seen the album, but never actually heard it.

Can anyone think of any other interesting (or bizarre) covers?

I know The Residents have done lots.

There is also the "Saucerful of Pink" album, which may be the best tribute album around
(well, I think so anyway), with Nik Turner, Simon House, Helios Creed, Psychic TV, and
other friends of Nik. In a way, it's sort of like a NikWind, Friends & Relations CD.

William