OFF: Stairway to Heaven

Alex S. Garcia asg at IMAGINET.FR
Sat Feb 8 12:30:06 EST 1997

>There was a TV series here in Australia called The Money or (or was it
"and") the Gun".
>Each week they had a different artist cover "Stairway to Heaven". They
released it as an
>album & video. There's some very interesting variations of the song on it,
such as
>Beatles-style, jazz, disco, Kate Bush-style, etc..

While we're on this thread... has any of you heard a "Stairway to Heaven"
cover recorded circa 1985 by a band going by the name of Far Corporation ?
Interesting tidbit : Bobby Kimball, Steve Lukather and David Paich (all 3 of
Toto fame) were among the 6+ members of the band. The cover was nonetheless
very impressive and quite good. The rest of the album is so-so (some tracks
are interesting, though). In fact, the funny thing is that this was the very
first version I heard of StH. Of course, since then I've heard & bought the
original Led Zep version (as well as several albums of the band).

Alex S. Garcia.

Become a Patternwalker ! Visit Corwin's Pattern...
  http://members.tripod.com/~Mandor/
  (with links to the Icarus Encyclopedia, Artefact, Rock
  In Progress, Slash, Micronos and more to come...)