BOC-L Digest - 22 Apr 1997 - Special issue

Wed Apr 23 12:11:23 EDT 1997

>>my knowlege actively promoted themselves as "featuring Albert Bouchard,
formerly of Blue Oyster Cult" -- it is we fans, and those who are trying
to sell tBS material that sometimes make reference to this."

>Uh John not really what I was getting at. Venues and resellers are more
likely to do this than tBS.  Bet a dollar if they played Jaxx in this
area there would be a mention in the ad about Al's past association.

Agreed - I thought you were going with how the band advertised itself.
Certainly clubs are going to milk the BOC angle if they know of it,
and if they know of BOC.  When I mention tBS to people, I usually mention
Al's past association as well.  I'm not sure that I do it so much for
the "BOC" connection (unless I'm specifically talking to a BOC fan) as
much as I want to let the person know that this band has an established
talent in the band.  Of course, the rest of the band is talented as
well (as we've all discussed here), and of course fame does not equal
talent (also as we've discussed here), but still I think that such an
association may be helpful for someone trying to decide what music to
check out.

>Cheer up maybe we will have the comp for the Geezer fest ready prior to
EW so we can talk about the songs included there.

Yes, at least one new BOC tune will hopefully be on CD soon.  I have mixed
feelings about the 2 live cuts as I've got so many copies already - but,
I thought a bit about the "other artists" appearing on the CD.  Not being
big fans of theirs, I don't want to necessarily hear new music from them
on this compilation - I want to hear their hits!  I expect Foghat's "Slow
Ride" and maybe "Fool for the City" would be on there, Steppenwolf doing
"Born to be Wild" and "Magic Carpet Ride", and Pat Travers (he is the
other act on Summerdaze, right?) doing "Boom Boom - Out Go the Lights".
So, I can understand why "The Reaper" and "Godzilla" appear on this CD.

John