1980 lineup changes chat jealousy

M Holmes fofp at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Fri Nov 24 10:39:05 EST 1995

Rudich, Robert A writes:

> I'm loving this discussion.  This is a battle of the HW experts in the long
> term memory arena (any interest in this as a purely psychological
> phenomenon, Dr. Bob?).  Unfortunately, I've not seen HW in 1980 nor have I
> ever heard  "Waiting for Nati" or "New Jerusalem" so you guys are killing me
> with jealousy.  Signed ticket stubs yet.  Damn, I'm not worthy.

I've always had it in mind to put together a compilation tape of
Hawkwind tracks that didn't make it onto records. If and when I get this
done, I could distribute copies.

Maybe Bernhard and myself should confer on which tapes contain unusual tracks.

Anyway, Blake played "Blake's New Jerusalem" while on tour with Hawkwind
in 1979. It's from his album of that name and for fans of electronic
music it's a tour de force. I wore out copies of this LP while a
student. It's probably still my favourite piece of music.

> Rudy

FoFP