Help needed

Jamun, www.spacerocktrading.com jason_gregory at TALK21.COM
Sun Apr 3 10:23:06 EDT 2011

Its already been posted on the Hawkwind forum.

Who is this band?

It was recorded from 21st June 1978 through midnight to the 22nd June 1978.
Hence it was recorded exactly through the summer solstice of 1978.

Oh yes it was at the Stonehenge free festival.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JPPdmZrsWw

I have a copy of the whole performance, ready for audio enhancement.  The
copy I have is one of THE finest bootleg recordings, from such an era. This
is mainly because the tent it was recorded in was silent (stoned hippies,
crashed out) and the taper had a very high quality recorder. As such it need
archiving for future generations/broadcast.

Its not ""Eye to the power of Three". No such band IMO.

Its also not "Here & Now" as Keith from "Here & Now" has confirmed.

It is suggested that its a band called Thandoy.
Steve Higgins. (KarmaKanix) Guitar, vocal.
Mike Howlett. (Gong) Bass and switch-doctoring
Steve Cassidy. (Here and Now): Drums, percussion

The bass guitarist definitely sounds like Mike Howlett from Gong. Also he
was there at the festival as he played at the time with Nik Turner's Sphynx
who performed.

Any ideas? Help?