HW: OFF: Monster Magnet in CH etc.

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 23 10:45:55 EDT 2010

On 8/23/10, Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at carlaz.com> wrote:(about Minster
Magnet)

> Frankly, I thought MM were getting a bit hit-and-miss by the time they hit
> Powertrip!

I thought this after Tab, although I forged ahead with a couple
anyway.......never really seen a space-rock connection (or much of one) in
them other than the public proclamations to loving Hawkwind.   I would say
4-way is OK if this band is "your thing".

Whether or not DW has been spending more time in Denny's than the gym, I
> think he needs to get his musical world in order, if nothing else.

Oh Dear God Denny's. I've had a lifelong terror of them weather warranted or
not. But life has a funny way of making your worst fears manifest themselves
and this happened with the one on my corner here. The food consistently
terrible with the few times I braved it, but after a lady-friend and I
ordered one day, it took the like 350-LB. waitress about 2 hours? to bring
our food, and while we might have been a little noticeably "happy" that day,
is that an excuse and we honestly wondered if our waitress was in the back
eating our food......Now I will only go there for a 3am coffee
emergency.....which happens....