Porchester - Saturday

Steve Bishop steve.bishop at DB.COM
Tue Sep 1 07:03:16 EDT 2009

OK, well time to add my tuppence worth !
I joined the fantastic Hawkwalk with Jimski, Ashman, Steve Swann, Jill, Mike,
Mrs Smith et al and had a great morning chatting to some very nice, personable
and friendly like-minded Hawkfans (thanks for telling me I looked a bit
'normal' for a Hawkfan Mrs Smith !!) which was a perfect start to the day
........ got to the venue which was pretty quiet to start, ok the 'ale' wasn't
on tap to start with (and at various times of the afternoon) but there was
cider, lager and guinness as alternatives and I'm not that fussy as long as
it's alcoholic so i wasn't too unhappy .......... got in an early order for
the chili con carne and sat with Steve S, Jill and Mike to polish it off
quickly before the 'Elves' set - and have to say food was fine tho could have
done with being bit bigger ! Elves set was excellent, thoroughly enjoyed TOSH
too for a bit of blanga tho I think the mix wasn't set up quite right IMHO
........Tarantism I missed cos I decided to soak up some alcohol with fish n
chips from down the road, the Whoopee band was a good laugh, Huw was the same
Huw we're used to from Xmas gigs and then Hawkwind played what I thought was a
storming set ...... i think Dibs is getting better n better, i've always liked
him, he's very approachable, finds time to chat with everyone and seems to be
relaxing into his role  ....Niall was brill, I was at the front and could
really hear his guitar this time, (thought he was way too low in the mix at
the Astoria (my last HW gig) so nice to hear what he adds) ...... rest of the
team were their usual excellent selves, DB's lead especially good, standout
track for me was You'd Better Believe it ....... Freebies were most welcome,
nice to be able to buy commemorative shirt too. All in all a thoroughly great
day, especially for the low price, they could have really 'milked' the
occasion and charged a tenner more - and we'd all have paid it too ! I guess
the only slight 'downer' for me is that when we're told that there'll be
'special guests' we all kinda assume it'll be some ex-band members so I was
hopeful of that - tho I was secretly hoping that maybe Mr Clapton would pass
thru (he did send a message instead !). Great day, great value, great band -
and great fans to meet which was almost the best part for me.
Big thanks to Kris and the band
Sid

---

notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.

Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for additional
EU corporate and regulatory disclosures.