OFF: Online backups (was: Re: HW: Alien Autopsy)

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Thu Jul 30 14:45:55 EDT 2009

On Jul 30, 2009, at 12:12 PM, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:

> On 30 Jul 2009, at 10:54, Steve wrote:
>> Given that the amount of data that I wish to *seriously* back up is
>> not that large, I have seriously considered making a big zip or tar
>> file and gmailing it to myself.
>

> Given that I'm closing in a terabyte of music to back up (and that's
> probably not a lot in comparison to the collections of some on this
> list!), I probably shouldn't take that route ....

Aw, c'mon Carl, show a little moxie.  You just have to sign up for a
little over 140 Gmail accounts and then fire off a little under 42,000
e-mails to archive your terabyte of music.

Sheesh, kids today, don't know they're born.  Why, when I were a lad
we had to send e-mails by rearranging wires on a plugboard and
flicking switches for each character...

 >;-)

Cheers,

Paul.