Alan Davey Vision Quest Request

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Mon Dec 14 08:01:08 EST 2009

On 14 Dec 2009, at 07:41 , Jonathan Smith wrote:
>> ..... in an infinitely probable alternate universe -- Alan's Bedouin has
>> recently produced a fine "Arabic space doom" concept album for Rise Above
>> based around Lovecraft's character "Abdul Alhazred". If only I could
>> dimension hop to the right universe in order to hear it! :)
>
> I'd love to hear that! Not that anyone's sanity would be intact after
> listening to it! ;)

It would totally work, though, no?

There's a list on MySpace of "oriental/arabic metal" groups -- http://groups.myspace.com/orientalmetal -- though I kind of dig the label "bellymetal", which I hadn't encountered before but rather wish I had. :)  The genre seems heavy on death/black metal groups ... but I totally see a space in which psychedelically tinged doom, underlain by Alan's surging bass lines, could play ....  Well, in that charmingly alternate universe, anyway!

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson