OFF: Rush (was Re: OFF: A Legendary Pinktroduction to The Legendary Pink Dots)

gary shindler bewlay68 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Apr 17 16:00:48 EDT 2009

"Permanent Waves" is another essential one. I have a black and white 4001 Ricky.

________________________________
From: Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at CARLAZ.COM>
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2009 12:20:54 PM
Subject: OFF: Rush (was Re: OFF: A Legendary Pinktroduction to The Legendary Pink Dots)

On 17 Apr 2009, at 10:57, Christian Mumford wrote:
> Rush is a band I heard much from friends who listened to them and never 'caught onto' way back when. I just a few years ago got their early stuff, the remasters real cheap. My faves are the 1st, 2112 and Moving Pictures. Definetly a cool group.......

My experience is similar. I have a "greatest hits" compilation, and I definitely appreciate the band's talents -- they have some great tracks -- but somehow I just never got the fire for them. (And that's despite Geddy Lee's status as an occasional Rick bass wielder!  Though he's a Fender flag-carrier nowadays, which is much less interesting.)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson