TMTYL

Owen O'Neill owen.01 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 23 01:41:08 EDT 2008

There's at least one account of Nikola Tesla having built an oscillating
platform on which the bowl-disruptor effect was sometimes observed. I read
it in "Tesla: Man Out of Time", Margaret Cheney. Alright book, it said Mark
Twain stood on it and had to rush off to the water locker. But I don't know
anything about the sources of this inorfmation. Pretty sure the mechanical
oscillator would have been a low frequency, say for example maybe 5 to
200Hz. The compression waves that make up sound travelling through the air
usually don't amount to much force though I know I've been buffeted by the
huge speakers at concerts before. Huge diaphragms. Vibrations are also
carrying through the ground. The urban legend could have just started from
someone talking about doing something like that.

Brain activity responds to phasing of sound waves played into the left and
right ear. The simplest type of brainwave entrainment, trying to synch your
head into a relaxed state that just correlates to the alpha-rhythm
detectable on EEGs---methods employ sensory stimuli at the same frequency,
like a sonic phase difference, flashing light, electric field pulse. I've
tried some of this stuff first hand and on friends, electrodes, goggles with
LEDs inside and yeah playing various Hawkwind songs. It wasn't theraputic
though because we were just trying to f*ck with our heads. The music was
definitely important with all this and it wasn't even necessarily designed
intentionally to do anything like that, just some Hawkwind recordings in
stereo. Nowadays you can build your own EEG machine from a kit and be a real
scientist.

*Two people seemed to have lapsed into a hypnotic state, with one guy sort
of lurching after a few minutes and hastily taking off the goggles and
headphones, saying he was kind of frightened all of a sudden realizing he
had no idea how long he'd been listening for. On my own I experimented with
electrodes as well, and a few times had some very lucid waking dreams (think
that's the right term)--- my whole CNS was kind of screwed up for some days,
totally irregular sleep just short of passing out once while riding a bike,
and what I think was completely innappropriate adrenaline response while
just lying in the dark thinking about nothing in particular. =With these
experiences I wish I'd been more careful about playing with electricity like
that.

--