Gunslinger (was: HW: TMTYL)

Tue Jul 22 16:55:21 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 09:41:35AM -0500, Carl Edlund Anderson typed out:
> Though, from what I've heard of Gunslinger, they should have taken a
> bit a few more minutes in the studio to bring the drums up a bit.
> Alan's bass is perhaps a bit _too_ over powering!  (Did I really say
> that? Shame on me! ;)  No, really, since Gunslinger's musical ethic/
> vibe is pretty strongly derived from that of Motorhead, if you listen
> to the GS tracks alongside a recent MH track, GS is a bit "spacier",
> but mostly I notice Mickey Dee's snare much fatter and more present
> in the mix.  Ah well, splitting hairs perhaps (if not snares .....)

	Alan's bass, from the one gig I've seen of theirs, is really a
lot more than half of Gunslinger. The guitarist and drummer are there
and balance him out some of the way, but they're neither of them really
strong enough performers to sneak back the focus. Whereas Mikkey Dee is,
as Lemmy has told us all by now surely, "the best drummer in the
world"... Yours,
		 Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk