OFF: Porcupine Tree "Even Less" Demo version vs. "Stupid Dream" rewritten version

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 15 19:20:56 EDT 2008

On 8/15/08, Tim Hall <tim at kalyr.com> wrote:
"Techno is the future of prog - just listen to Wishbone Ash's "Psychic
Terrorism" album.
Fish's 13th Star and Porcupine Tree's Fear of a Blank Planet were my top two
albums of 2007 - so maybe I've been assimilated into new-prog techno...."

and just to revisit a years old difference in dietary intake (with jon), I
started with porcupine tree from the very first moment of hitting CD, and if
I were on a sinking ship with my cargo of cd's , stupid dream would be the
last to go.......I personally liked the pre-metal style (not thinking if SD
is or isn't), and as I sit here, listening to fear o. b. p., I like it, as I
will always like anything the gods do, but it fails to uplift
much.........but I am full aware it could hit me 6 years from now........
say maybe Inner City Unit featuring he whom sits upon the light throne,
should frisk attendees for pen and parchment LOL....