Greasy Truckers CD 0999 503235 2 4

Steve Freight stevefreight at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 24 04:20:10 EDT 2007

Hi again,

Sorry if you keep getting this if so then there is something wrong with the
list as I keep getting this rejected. Mail below.

OK then,

I've just listened to this on the way in to work and I have to say this is
excellent in all respects - even the rambling nature of the links.

As an embryonic Hawkwind all the things I loved about them are present,
chugging riffs, SF poetry with weird noises (Pity Calvert didn't do this on
Centigrade). You can see how they tightened the songs up and links to
produce Space Ritual (and this was my first live Hawkwind experience -
giving my age away).

The sound is excellent. As I said in previous post I always found the
Glastonbury Silver Machine muddy i sound. Now it's clear.

Well worth getting even with the clunky edit on Born To Go! Now for Man and
Brinsley!

Oh and one extra thing I should have put in my mail to EMI - Born To Go full
version was also on the original Vinyl edition of Greasy Truckers so if
anyone else writes in to them mention this! Probably gets us no-where but
I'll post any reply I get.

This happened to Deep Purple in Rock when first issued that a wrong edit was
included and they did re-release this and allow replacements to be collected
from HMV, so there is a precedent.

Maybe a mail to Trading Standards later eh?

Steve