Dave Brock

Stewartbas at AOL.COM Stewartbas at AOL.COM
Fri Nov 30 15:09:40 EST 2007

In a message dated 11/30/2007 12:29:13 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
bewlay68 at YAHOO.COM writes:

<Someone mentioned Brock in Clapton's autobiography. How is he  mentioned?
>From the busking <days?
iirc pg 26..EC said he used to busk with another guitarist, Dave Brock who
later went on to form Hawkwind.
And that's all she wrote. If you've read any of the bios of EC there's not
much new here, pretty much the same, self absorbed, preachy bullshit, we've
come  to expect from zillionaire, recovering alkey/druggie rock gods.  I got
drunk..boo whoo, I got sober..hooray, I got drunk again..boo whoo and so on  and
so forth.
The Hawk books by Tait, Abraham and Clerk were all light years ahead of  this
pap, but I guess EC needed the money...probably to open an Alkey  clinic in
Somolia.  Time for a beer!

Bill S
ny