OFF: Ozrics History (Was Re: test)

Fri Jul 6 11:55:16 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 11:48:21AM -0500, mike coleman typed out:
> *oh, I just reread, you did say Pungent was first but released
> second.....could be...what's with that Demi_Monde LP???  I am sorta tickled
> that the IRS catalog isn't boldly recorded in history......kinda draws me
> back....*

	If I remember rightly, and I'm going on my recollection of the
_Great Rock Discography_ here which is renowned for its errors, the deal
is that _Pungent Effulgent_ was first, and came out before anything else
bar the tapes on Demi Monde. But as with many bands, the Ozrics decided
Demi Monde sucked, and left them, and their manager formed their own
label Dovetail. And they eventually got _Pungent Effulgent_ back from
Demi Monde and re-released it, but by then they already had _Erpland_
out on Dovetail so _Pungent Effulgent_ was their second release *on
Dovetail*. That seems to make sense of all the confusion... Yours,
								   Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk