Tragedy

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Apr 17 09:13:22 EDT 2007

Carl Edlund Anderson writes:

> I think the UK's gun regulations are a bit extreme

A *bit* extreme??? They're positively barking.  The same politicians
who'll happily vote for it will of course accept that an armed cop,
rather than harsh language, is what protection they deserve if they
should come face-to-face with a criminal.

> but the US's are a bit too liberal.

Maybe. I'd like to see a more stringent training requirement, but I
accept that people like Kleck and Mustard can demonstrate that this
would make little difference.

> The whole issue over there (in
> the US) has become way too politicized, to the point where no one who
> might want to propose sensible legislation can.  If there's something
> good to come out of this tragedy, hopefully it's that moves debate on
> the gun issue in the US back into slightly more productive areas.

Heh. I'll believe it when I see it.

FoFP