OFF: The Weller/Kilmister controversy

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Sat Dec 2 06:43:41 EST 2006

On 02 Dec 2006, at 02:04, <lindas1 at adelphia.net>
<lindas1 at adelphia.net> wrote:
> Hi Carl, I see the influence, but how do you figure they are a
> watered down version of the Who? I fail to see the comparison. I
> think they compare to the Kinks more than the Who.

Well, I wouldn't want a watered down version of the Kinks either! ;)

Nah, I've got nothing against the Jam and Paul Weller -- like I say,
I've got a mate who's a big fan.  I've just never found them more
than "all right".  And have to avoid listening to the lyrics too
hard, since I've got a limited tolerance for (and I know lots of
people who disagree here) self-consciously miserable lyrics (don't
even get me started on The Smiths or Morrisey! ;)  But it's OK
burbling along in the car or background at a party (Jam/Weller, that
is, not The Smiths ;) since I have to draw the line somewhere :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson