HW: OFF - Mike Holmes on TV

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Dec 19 10:14:55 EST 2005

Iain Ferguson writes:

> Mike,

> Deep Sympathies for the terrible misquoting..

Ach. I half expected it and it could have been worse. They did manage to
make idiots of themselves in the end by gainsaying the Scottish public
when they backed my nomination and voted in their thousands to have it
blown up.

> Tell who's is the dream , is it Kevin McClouds or George Fergusons, I'd
> love to hear it being george.... Ohhh yes..

Looks like it's McCloud who's pushing this "X List" for buildings he
doesn't like (they're all 1960's concrete buildings so it's not exactly
a subtle aesthetic point he's trying to make).

I dunno who the expert was who said that Scotland had it wrong and
clearly if we were going to vote like this, they'd have to have experts
to correct our nominations. Could that be Ferguson? He has a very
coloured bow tie on?

FoFP