NIK: Burz Herzberg

Wed Aug 3 07:45:44 EDT 2005

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, Maxine Wesley wrote:

> > From:    Jon Jarrett <jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK>
> >  Angie's doing it by herself.
>
> I must have missed that bit ;-)

        I'm outclassed here, I should drop it :-)

> I've checked Littlewoods/Next catalogue and you can't buy any of it on the high
> street...??

        Given Space Ritual's usual state of funding, I suspect she's not
gone and bought this stuff specially... (Wouldn't like to guess why she
*has* it, then, but that's not really the point.)

> >[snip]
> > she can actually dance,
> > rather than just shaking vaguely.
>
> Here I agree  -  she was a good dancer, shame she felt the need to mask her
> talent by the use of what was obviously cheap fetish clothing...

        I think it's just meant to be costume for fun. As I say, if it was
meant to be erotic I'm sure she could dance in such a way as to do
that. She isn't. The nun's habit comes out for `Ejection'; she does mock
prayers and genuflects. I figured that was an echo of the whole `mea
culpa' bit on the original. Similarly the flapper rig and I-dog thing is
vaguely SF/futuristic.

        I grant you, I can't make any kind of connection for the nurse's
outfit. Maybe she's just run out of ideas. But I don't really see the
big deal. Perhaps I know too many goths and PVC no longer has a wider
social significance for me.

        Anyway... I might leave it here :-) Yours,
                                                   Jon

--
    Jonathan Jarrett    "There is scarce any tradition or popular error
    Birkbeck College     but stands also delivered by some good author."