HW: Motorhead / Kings of Speed answers

Thu Oct 14 10:38:46 EDT 2004

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Doug Pearson wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:26:24 +0000, eddie jobson <eddiejobson at HOTMAIL.COM>
> wrote:
>
> >The Hawkwind Zoo 12" says Kings of Speed (live) though doesn't it? So are
> >the single and WOTEOT versions from an orginal live track? Doubt it as it's
> >not listed in the '74 or '75 live sets anywhere.
>
> I'm sure that in this case, "live" would mean "live in the studio" i.e. the
> basic track recorded in real time without any overdubs or edits.

        Hmm. It's not clear at first but before long there's a
noticable second guitar line that seems to first come in at about
01:54. I think the track is probably a rehearsal take, but if it's live
at all it's in the Thin Lizzy sense. It stops again at about 02:43 then
comes in again much more clearly at 03:33 to the end, though I'm not
convinced it isn't the same track used again. Just the one overlay I
think, then. Yours,
                    Jonathan

ObCD: Hawkwind - _Mighty Hawkwind Classics_ (would you believe)
--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)