HW: Exeter Astoria and beyond

Denis Regenbrecht denis at PTI-INC.DE
Wed Dec 22 10:30:25 EST 2004

Hi,

On Dec 21, 2004, at 22:17 Uhr, Jason Gool wrote:

[about the dancers]
> Was this the general opinion? I was annoyed with the dancers by the
> end, I thought they were over used and became too much of a
> distraction. As for the one with the wings, I think I could dance
> better.

I can only speak for myself (so no general opinion... ;-), but I really
liked them. The pair with the winged one I found a bit ...bizarre...
(in lack of a better word), but the other two fitted real well into the
whole general theme IMO.

> Gig itself was great though.

Yup, I liked it much better than last year's Xmas-gig.
The band (and especially Dave) seemed to really enjoy themselves and it
showed in all of their performances. Highlights (IMO of course): Sword
of the East (*great* rocking version), Uncle Sam/The Iron Dream (a. the
first time I heard that classic live; b. I love Holst's Planet-suite),
Ode to a Time Flower (despite a lot of criticism I heard after the gig,
*I* liked it), To Love A Machine / Angela Android.
Other random thoughts:
- it was great to hear some of the new songs.
- Matthew Wright, although I was a bit sceptic at first, read Bob's
poetry very well.
- the guest syn/key-player did a good job
- Dave in front of the stage, not hidden behind his gear (in nearly
Fripp-like fashion *eg")... *cool* and hopefully he stays there in the
future
- very cool new stage und extraordinarily good lightshow (with lots of
cool ideas)
So, when's the new album coming out...?

(c)IAO
                                                D+R