OFF: Great Bassists (was100 Greatest Guitarists)

DRider Farflung at COMCAST.NET
Mon Sep 8 07:47:22 EDT 2003

> Anyway I thought of two more who'd be on my list- Holger Czukay and Bill
> Laswell

Bill Laswell - love his work w/ ekstasis

> Well we will have to agree to differ on that. I love the Beatles, they are
> one of my favorite bands. They changed the face of music forever, and left
> behind an extraordinary body of work ranging from perfect pop to audacious
> avant-garde experiments. I love them. They were great songwriters,
> lyricists, arrangers, you name it. But they were most certainly not
> virtuoso musicians..

you are talking about the Beatles
and using the past tense

I am talking just about McCartney and his career goes beyond the Beatles.
He's still alive and made many great records after the Beatles.

Some have asked: "What is hip?"

I ask: "What is great?"

If McCartney is not great, where does that put everyone else?

Peace,