HW : introductions

Thu Sep 4 20:21:38 EDT 2003

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Eric Siegerman wrote:

> Back on the topic of the thread: I typically use Warrior and It
> Is The Business -- I can never guess which one's going to appeal.
> Except when I know the person's a rocker or a Motorhead fan, in
> which case it's gotta be Space Ritual.  (For a hard-core 80's
> electrobeat fan, I'd probably try Quark -- but I don't tend to
> travel in the same circles as them :-)

        I know one HW fan who only seems to actually own _Quark_ and
claims she likes to use `Days of the Underground' as revision music. She
is however a little odd, and is a major fan of a lot of things, which
musically mostly include NWOBHM and power metal. So why _Quark_ and not
_Chronicles of the Black Sword_ as she *should* do, I don't know :-)

> I did work with someone in about '89-'90, who was a rabid
> Depeche-Mode fan.  He didn't take to HW at all ... but oddly
> enough, he quite liked Hype.

        No, I can see that, I've thought before now that _Hype_ would go
down well with the bouncier end of the goth crowd, the so-called
`perkies', though I've yet to try this out in scientific test
conditions... Some very New Wave stuff on there. Yours,
                                                        Jon

ObCD: Orbital - _CD_
--
          "If you are rich, throw away your documents.
        If you are poor, do so also." (Egyptian proverb)