BRAIN, BOC: tBS in Boston last week - quick review

John Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Wed Nov 26 11:14:37 EST 2003

Glad a few online fans could make the Brain Surgeons gig in Boston last
Saturday night (Cambridge actually).  The Surgeons got cut short due to
time restrictions (and the fact that about 7 bands went on before them -
luckily some of them sounded half-way decent), but we did get to hear:

Dr. Music
Operation Luv
Cities on Flame (Deb does a funny spoof of the Buck Dharma
knuckle-cracking routine)
Il Duce (David Roter/Albert Bouchard collaboration - sung by Dave
Hirschberg)
State of Emergency
Astronomy

Also planned were Krakatoa, The Revenge of Vera Gemini, St Vitus, and
Godzilla.  Since the soundman had them stop at 1:00, we missed those,
but the fans and the band joined in for an a capella rendition of
Godzilla.  Albert then got out his Godzilla mask and posed for pictures
- one or two will probably show up on the cellsum.com website in the
next few days (I'm the one on Albert's immediate left).

A great time was had by all - hopefully it's not 7 years before they
come back to Boston, and hopefully they'll get to play a few more songs.

John