Astoria report

DRider Hawkwind at ATTBI.COM
Tue May 27 15:40:38 EDT 2003

Paul,

The guy you are thinking about is named Scramble Campbell. He paints his
impression of the band as they play. It's not a song by song abstract, but a
painting of the band members themselves on stage. He's a staple down here in
Florida. Especially, shows played at the Spirit of The Suwannee Music Park.
Great guy and a great venue!

Peace,

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Mather [mailto:paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU]
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2003 1:16 PM
Subject: Re: Astoria report

I don't know if it's the same guy, but there *is* someone who sells in
the USA impressionistic paintings he makes at gigs.  The only examples
I've seen are ones he did at the first Bonnaroo Festival that someone
had included amongst their digital picture scrapbook of the event.  (I
saw his rendition of the Gov't Mule set amongst the pics.)  From what
I remember, the guy I saw used paint and canvas, not crayons and a
drawing book, so maybe it is a different bloke, or maybe he just works
on the cheap when overseas (or indoors)? :-)

Cheers,

Paul