Deep Purple (was The MTV generation)

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Thu Mar 13 15:38:34 EST 2003

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 05:21:58PM +0100, Henderson Keith wrote:
> P.P.S.  Neil Young's Canadian isn't he?  What the heck was he saying
> about 'we' going to bomb people in Iraq then...

Originally yes, but he's lived in California since ... I don't
know, but I suspect ever since the Buffalo Springfield days.
That's pretty much his whole his adult life.  It'd be a bit weird
if he didn't at least partially self-identify as American by now.

> or are they in on it
> too?

Christ I hope not!

Last I heard, we're sitting on the fence -- staying out of Iraq
per se, but sending more people into Afghanistan instead.
That'll relieve American troops, who can then be redeployed
you-know-where...

> Maybe he should sing 'God Bless America' too.

Maybe he does.  I bet he accompanies it with some bitchin' guitar
work :-)

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
A distributed system is one on which I cannot get any work done,
because a machine I have never heard of has crashed.
        - Leslie Lamport