guilty pleasures

Johan Edlundh joe.e at TELIA.COM
Thu Jan 23 11:14:10 EST 2003

At 17:41 2003-01-21 +0100, you wrote:
>BM suggests...
>
>> My definition:
>> Music you know is "Bad", but love anyway.
>>
>> Angel
>> Uriah Heep
>> The Godz (Michigan; 2 late 70's lps on Casablanca)
>
>I thought they were from Ohio.  I think I even saw
>them in a small club in Youngstown when I was but
>a teenager, and 18 was still the drinking age there.
>
>But then, wasn't there another band called the Gods/Godz
>that were actually related to the band listed just
>above?  Kerslake and such?  They would then of course
>have been English, eh?  Well, not such a big deal
>in any case.

The Godz did a stunning version of a Golden Earring track.
Wasn't that "Candy's going bad"?

the Gods was a pre Uriah Heep band. Ken Hensley/Lee Kerslake was musicians
along with Greg Lake (replaced by John Glascock of Jethro Tull). "Real Love
Guaranteed" was the only track I've ever cared to listen to.

.joe