Once again music gets the blame

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Jan 8 09:13:46 EST 2003

Andy Ball writes:

> I'd rather live here in London/UK where gun crime is still lower per year
> than any week in a major US city.

Perhaps so, but the burglary, mugging and rape figures are a lot higher
per capita. Which is more likely to happen to you?

> And that's not counting "accidental" shootings or people just "losing it".
> I'm all for the current ban on handguns in the UK.
> Letting the public carry firearms is not going to lower gun crime in the UK.

Why would we behave any differently to Anmericans? Are we so morally
inferior that we can't be trusted? Are our criminals more heedless of
their own lives?

> London UK, and not living in fear of being shot on my door step.

I wouldn't live there for any money, and the same isn't true of a lot of
places in the US.

FoFP