Stacia

Dave Law dplaw at IC24.NET
Sun Dec 14 09:11:50 EST 2003

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 20:34:59 +1300, David Howard <maxgate at CLEAR.NET.NZ>
wrote:

>At the turn of the millennium I was working with a television producer
who was pursuing that tired idea: whatever happened to X....

>Now the reptilian Nik Turner has answered that question by assembling
many former members of the one and only, but there's a glaring (and gender-
related) exclusion: Stacia.

>Given that she was 19 in 1973, she must be hovering on 50 now. No, I
don't want to watch her imitating Isadora Duncan (these days a glimpse of
Nik or Harvey is troubling enough) but I do, idly, wonder what has become
of her.

>Is a rotund double-chinned Stacia happily married to an accountant in
Milton Keynes; or teaching aerobics to Newcastle LaLeche League members;
or playing the crazy aunt all families have and hold at bay?

>Perhaps she has shacked up with Syd Barrett and is blissfully gyrating to
a single shrill and infinitely repeated chord in the backroom of a council
house in Never-Never Land?

>David Howard

if memory serves me right, Dave was asked about Stacia when he was
interviewed by Matthew Wright on his radio show a few months back, i think
his answer was something along the lines of "she got married, moved to
ireland and had some kids!"
that's all i can add
regards
dave