Off: the critic

PETER WILKINSON petertrance at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 29 05:35:26 EDT 2003

interesting conversation....both of you are neither right or wrong..e.g.
drider quote 'experienced person by definition is more credible......' not
quite so. An illustration might be that of a few years ago when researchers
got a group of monkeys to splash paint all over canvasses. these were then
proudly shown at a private viewing to our leading art 'folk' and critics who
eulagised over them!!! do not forget that...perception and/or beauty is in
the eye/ear of the beholder/listener. this probably accounts for animated
discussions, heated debates, differing views....thus define objectively why
dio is a better singer than ozzy or visa versa. do not forget that 'critics'
need not be 'critical'.perhaps you need to consider the difference (if any?)
between a critic and a critique.

peter