HW: Sabbaticals - a few corrections

Alan Linsley alankerren at YAHOO.CO.UK
Thu Apr 17 19:18:31 EDT 2003

And again...

 --- "Captain Bl at ck" <starfield at SUPANET.COM> wrote: > Just to set the
record (ahem!) straight...
> > > 5 date tour Nov 1999 -
> > > Brock/House/Chadwick/Tree/Richards
> > > with Harvey joining at 2nd gig
> > > Keith Kniveton on synths at 4th gig
> > > Nik guests for the last time with "normal" HW at 5th
> > > gig.
>
> I played at St.Austell as did Nik - no Simon House there.

Had no idea Nik did more than 1 of those gigs, so thanks for that.

> > > Hawkestra Oct 2000 (deep breath)
> > > Brock/Bainbridge/House/Chadwick/Tree/Richards
> > > Davey (yeaaay!)/Thompson/Kniveton/
> > > Blake/Turner/Langton/Crimble/
> > > Ollis/DikMik/Dettmar/Lemmy/Swindells/Powell/Slattery/
> > > Griffin...and Samantha bloody Fox again
> >
> >         Also Paul Hayles, allegedly, somewhere.
> >

> Er...no Paul Hayles. And Mick Slattery did not play.

I knew that, I knew that :-)  but Dave introduced Mick to the crowd
right at the end, I remember Mick waving at us.

> > Hawkwind now down to a core five-piece, Chadwick-Brock-House-Lloyd
> > Langton-Davey but tour that winter adds Kniveton at two gigs and
> Huggett
> > at one of them and Christmas Party adds Danny Thompson, Tim Blake
> and Captain Rizz, night where it became obvious that
> Brock-Blake-Chadwick should immediately start releasing techno
records

> Again not strictly true - I did 4 gigs on that tour.

Which ones Capt?  I did 3 and must have missed all the ones you did.
Still, you'll make up for that by playing several/all on the May tour
won't you? please, go on, you know you want to.... (would it help if I
played some Starfield?)

AL