HW: Family Tree

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Apr 14 17:36:07 EDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:56:16 +0200, Bernhard Pospiech <bernhard.pospiech at T-
ONLINE.DE> wrote:
>I am still not sure where this MOTORWAY CITY (family tree) version comes
>from
>
>Dave Brock told me that it is from Stonehenge 1979
>

>Did not know that HAWKWIND played Stonehenge that year
>
>What was the lineup ??

If anyone's going to the Bedouin gig this saturday in London, they should
ask Harvey Bainbridge about this!  IF Hawkwind really played Stonehenge
in '79, then Harvey definitely would have been the bass player, and I'd
have to believe that playing Stonehenge for the first time would be a
pretty memorable experience.

I would bet that *whatever* the source for this version of "Motorway City"
is, that it's the same as the Flicknife version of "Who's Gonna Win The
War".  This is interesting information, since I really like "Valium Ten"
and the other post-Calvert Hawklords recordings.

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com