HW: Mission Control Website

Stephan Forstner stemfors at PIPELINE.COM
Wed Sep 18 14:30:26 EDT 2002

>On the other hand Nik's Space Ritual seem to have got it together.
>I guess they've finally had enough gigs to serve as rehearsals...
>And look, product! Now, we know Hawkwind can rehearse because there's
>often a good portion of the band handy on IRC, though never all of it
>at once whatever it currently is. But we see no signs of new releases
>at *all*. Court cases all silent.
>        I mean, I know Hawkwind is the better band, you don't have to tell
>me this, but there was a time when they were the more professional
>too. That's what bothers me.

Heh, after listening to/looking at the new Space Ritual.Net CD it is
unlikely that the word 'professional' is going to spring into anyone's mind!
But speaking of professional product, the 4 new HW card-cover reissues just
came in, and maybe it was just my low expectations and the resulting
surprise, but these are really really NICE. Forgetting for a moment the
material on the discs themselves, somebody at Cleopatra/Purple Pyramid has
actually busted their hump and produced some very nice packaging. Make that
VERY nice packaging. Add to that the fact that I paid only USD$9 for all
expect SpaceRitual 2 which was $14 (and worth the price, believe it or not
[though it looks like this week the price has gone up by at least $1]) and
this is all quite astonishing. I'll post a fuller review next week, I want
to do a sound-check first and see if there are any more surprises lurking in
the grooves on disc.

Stephan

P.S. At the risk of being pegged as the purveyor of porn to the Hawkwind
newsgroups, I have posted to http://www.pipeline.com/~stemfors/AdultsOnly/
scans of the soundtrack CD that Acid Mothers Temple and the Melting Paraiso
U.F.O. (Underground Freak-Out) recorded for "Wild Gals A-Go-Go", the
unreleased chef d'ouevre of mythical mondo film-maker Ivan Piskov, the
Russian Russ Meyer. Oh you crazy Father Moo, you. Enjoy!