HW: how long, how many, and why

Alan Taylor Alan_Taylor at MADASAFISH.COM
Thu Nov 14 16:14:08 EST 2002

 *Hawkwind fan: since 1983

 *how many CD's: about a gross.

 *vinyl albums: about 3 feet end to end

 *collects live recordings and other Hawkwind junk: yes

 *why a Hawkwind fan:  So many things.  All the crazy stories in the
Hawkwind book, because of Doremi and Space Ritual (Brock, Lemmy and King
were the ultimate power trio), because of Warrior, Quark, Chronicles, Palace
Springs, Alien4, Brainbox Pollution, Moonglum, Brock, Davey and Chadwick,
heavy guitar, bass to die for, manic drums, funny noises, Lord Of Light,
Huw, knowing that despite the bad times (e.g.1983), the good times will come
back.  That Hawkwind are a mirror on life, e.g. influence, crazy characters,
geniuses, inspiration, motivation, escapism, sticking to your path,
weirdness, chemistry

 *First album you picked up: Roadhawks

 *Seen live how many times: 24 and counting, starting with Glasgow Apollo,
Feb 1984 when I was 14, and continuing with the Hawkfest and Walthamstow.

 *Nik or Dave: It has to be Dave, no question.  We owe him so much, whether
he intended it to be that way or not. Without him Hawkwind either wouldn't
have been or would have fizzled out in 1971.