Hawkwind Synchronicity Moment No 47.

Rich Warren rich.warren at BTINTERNET.COM
Mon Mar 11 13:27:50 EST 2002

47.  Yer What?! Whatdya Mean Arthur Browns Kingdom Come

Ok so I'm mindng my own business doing some tech support at one of our sattelite offices.  Now in the office below them is a drug and alcohol advisory charity, who I've occasionally done support for/donated equipment to.  They're really nice people, and pretty chilled out.

I was explaining to them how I met Arin K, following Hawkwind on tour. Anyway, the guy pipes up, is Del Dettmar stilla round then? At which point I'm thinking closet Hawkwind fan :-)

Then he goes:  Oh yes, me Del and Eno were going to do a triple synth setup at the first Glastonbury, but it never came off ;-)

It turns out this guy is (Julian) Paul Brown, Synth Player for Arthur Browns Kingdom Come 71-72. He was telling me about how many of the same gigs they'd been at with the Hawks, specially one in Leeds where he remembers the Hawkwind Roadies carrying fans into the venue, and leaning them up against things because they were so out of it :-)

All this time and I never knew who he was..lol.  I'll have another trip down to do some tech support, and try and acquire some further anecdotes

I said to him it was a bit of a change of career synth player with Arthur Brown, to Drug and Alcohol Charity, to which he replied, NOT REALLY..(smirking)

Rich W