HW: Cover Versions

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Jun 13 23:55:12 EDT 2002

KK asks...

>At the risk of being 'on-topic', I wondered if anyone out there had any
idea for >songs they would like to see covered by Hawkwind.

>I should add there is no suggestion whatsoever that the band would acually
cover >any of the songs, I just thought it would be a fun thing to think about.

I've been wondering what Motorhead's "Orgasmatron" would sound like done in
a far more subtle Dusseldorfian Krautrock style (a la Neu!, or Opa-Loka),
and figure Hawkwind could do that just as well as any other post-rock band.
Plus, the lyrics are wonderful...bashing religion, military, and politics in
succession as only Lemmy can.

Others...

Roger Taylor - title track from 'Fun In Space' (Dave vocals) - to replace
"Love in Space"!  :)

Porcupine Tree - Out (var. of Magnu, with altered lyrics) - only fair, eh?
But then I can't even understand SW's new lyrics (too bad - they seemed
cool...anybody else have a go yet?)

Kingston Wall - I'm the King, I'm the Sun or any of a number of other great
tunes

Grakkl (FAA)