Hawkwind Tour supporters bus?

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Jan 23 12:00:49 EST 2002

Merrick French writes:

> When we were talking to Dave, he said that the tour bus was
> costing £1800 per week, sleeping 12 or 14, I can't remember

That'd put it at around 260 quid per day. At those numbers it'd cost 20
quid per person per night at capacity. Even if we could only half fill
it it'd be 40 quid per person per night which is still cheaper than
travel plus hotel, never mind the convenience of waking up where you
were headed. If the numbers are anything like this then it's a
practical proposition provided there are enough of us willing to rough
it a little to join the rolling party?

It shouldn't be so hard to organise. A web form to book and send deposit
money to confirm. Advertising is probably easy since between us we
probably know 75% of the folks who are serious enough to even consider
this. Dunno how easy it is to find an actual tour bus though.

Could anyone here get accurate numbers from Dave, including fuel and
driver costs?

FoFP

"You're either on the bus, or you're not on the bus."
                     -- Ken Kesey