HW: Damned by the curse of Damned

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Tue Jan 22 17:41:11 EST 2002

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 05:04:59PM -0500, Doug Pearson wrote:
> And while we're on the subject, Don Falcone informs me that Simon House
> *also* played on one of the live Tubular Bells performances (is this true?
> any of the Oldfield-philes here know which one?), so that would be the
> shortest Oldfield link yet!

Heh!  Just did a web search.  Turns out SH even appears on The
Complete Mike Oldfield compilation.  He was in the band in 1983
... along with a drummer named Simon Phillips (seems to be a
recurring theme, being in bands with other Simons who are
drummers :-)

This page:
        http://www.static18.tubular.eu.org/ARTISTS/JOERN.HTM
has a picture captioned:
        Simon House, Mike Oldfield, Simon Phillips, Phil
        Spalding. Hamburg St.Pauli Stadion 14.06.83
Not that I can make out either of the faces I might actually
recognize...

And a long-way-around link (discovered on a Voiceprint CD listed
on the artist-shop.com site):
  - Simon Heyworth (yet another...) produced Tubular Bells
  - He played on a record called Tarka with Anthony Phillips and
    Harry Williamson
  - Williamson has played in Gong, Mother Gong, and Nik Turner's
    Sphynx

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
One ring to rule the mall.