BOC, BRAIN: Les Vegas

Sat Aug 17 12:49:32 EDT 2002

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 09:47:36AM -0400, John Swartz typed out:

> Hmm...I must confess that while I've got this, I haven't listened to it
> much.  Perhaps that tells you something right there...
>
> It is certainly a cool CD for a BOC fan, given the personnel.  From what
> I remember the music was fairly on the light side, folksy for the most
> part.  No, there is no SWU stuff.  "Dark Angel" (or is it "Dead House"?)
> is a fairly cool track that Les did post-SWU, but had Albert and Buck
> play on.
>
> If you are debating between this, *Piece of Work*, *To Helen With Love*,
> and *Solid Citizens*, I would probably recommend *Piece of Work*,
> followed by *To Helen With Love* if you are judging solely based on what
> SOUNDS good.  If "collectibility" is of importance, *Fool's Gold*
> followed by *Solid Citizens* might be the way to go - then again,
> perhaps Albert could comment as far as what is more likely to be "out of
> stock" at Cellsum Records first.

        Yeah, I was kind of trying to choose between sound and
collectibility :-) I know _To Helen With Love_ sounds great because Andy
Gilham's played it at me. I think I'll probably stick with my original
plan though and get _Solid Citizens_ because I've been meaning to get that
for much longer... Thanks for opinions all, yours,
                                                   Jon

ObCD: The Fall - _The Collection_
--
        Jonathan Jarrett                Birkbeck College, London
                 jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk