OFF: Brit Slang!

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Wed Aug 7 21:29:00 EDT 2002

jasret at MINDSPRING.COM writes:

> I've certainly encountered the full term, "smegma", in the USA (it's also
>  the name of a cool, long-lived, avant-garde/noise/rock band from the
>  Portland, Oregon area).

Hardy just reminded me of the "smegma" phenom...it's just been so long since
I've heard it, but yes, at least here it does, refer to errrr....I hate to be
sooo off-topic here on BOC-L and also distasteful, but can I say the word
"cum" just once??

 To be slightly-more on-topic (but probably in
>  worse taste, and we're already on pretty shaky ground here),

ok, ok!!

Though, have you noticed, and this is nothing against any one here ("I love
y'all"), but notice it's these types of posts which seem to induce the most
punk/smeg-laced space-isms...hell, even Nik Turner posts always turn into a
silly debate...

Actually, and of course nothing against the Brits (god, i must be getting too
defensive here), but any other posts here that get responses tend to
chronicle (good "on-topic" word) HW's Brit-scapades...which the rest of us do
enjoy reading, but sometimes feel a but envious (our prob, of course)...

feeling as if I'm becoming the next Mike Coleman (bring 'im back!)...C