OFF (Way-OFF): Bootle

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Wed Aug 7 12:48:20 EDT 2002

---I found this little article on the little Bootle web-site... (seemed to
fit more w/how I envisioned it via RD). what's new in Bootle?...I believe
this event actually occurred a couple years ago:

Bootle Area plagued by Rats!

Residents of a Bootle Neighbourhood have had to take desperate measures to
combat a plague of Rats in the area.

Men with air rifles have been seen shooting at the growing Rat menace in the
Wordsworth Street area. Even children have took to the streets armed with
sticks to bludgeon the rodents.

Local people say the number of vermin has reached epidemic proportions.
Residents spokesman Robert Wildman said:"We never used to see any at all,
untill about 2 years ago. Now they are like a plague of Bluebottles.

>From late afternoon you can see a dozen scuttling round. I worked on the bins
for 15 years, but I have never seen anything like this.