Band chat raw log

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Thu Apr 25 13:40:40 EDT 2002

Hi folks,

This is the raw log from the recent banc chat (earlier this am for me
;-) )

Rik will have a prettier version of this up on Mission Control
(http://www.hawkwind.org.uk) soon.

Thanks,

Arin

(begin band chat)

*** Guest61778 is now known as HAWKPEOPLE
* turban-guerilla is back
<HAWKPEOPLE> Yes....questions please
<Keef> How's the new album coming on?
* turban-guerilla hands out some more of those imaganary cyber beers out to everyone
*** Mode change "+m" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
<ArinK> Hello folks....I've just put the channel into moderated mode
<ArinK> we'll be giving people voice one by one.
*** Mode change "+v Keef" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
<ArinK> Keef, you are up
<Keef> Hello.
<HAWKPEOPLE> Album coming along nicely thankyou
<Keef> Lot's of new stuff then?
*** Mode change "-v Keef" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
<HAWKPEOPLE> Yes all new numbers
*** Mode change "+v Elric_Of_Melnibone" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
<ArinK> Elric -- you are up
<Elric_Of_Melnibone> Are the rumours correct that a trip was made to Australia recently to scout for venues and how did it go??
<HAWKPEOPLE> Exciting, dynamic, resless, pushing the envelope, wonderful words, prodding the perametres
<HAWKPEOPLE> Yes rumours true
*** Mode change "-v Elric_Of_Melnibone" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
*** Mode change "+v magnu2000de" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<HAWKPEOPLE> We want to come in UK winter
<magnu2000de> Congratulations for the best HW tour (November 2001) I've ever heard
<magnu2000de> When will be the new CD released ?
<magnu2000de> Where are the tracks from the 1990 live CD from ??
*** Mode change "-v magnu2000de" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
<HAWKPEOPLE> Rock city Nottingham
<HAWKPEOPLE> Release of new cd when we finish making it!
<^Hawkbot^> and the other venue?
*** Mode change "+v cosmicdolphin" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<cosmicdolphin> Whatever Happened to Andy Dunkley? + Dave would you ever do straight acoustic tour maybe with Huw and Simon?
<cosmicdolphin> :-)
<HAWKPEOPLE> Don't know, ask Rob Ayling at Voiceprint
*** Mode change "-v cosmicdolphin" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
*** Mode change "+v gwion" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<^Hawkbot^> NOTE:There is a tracklost of the new release on MC
<gwion> Is the new album based on the Frendz series / Time of the Hawklords books?
<HAWKPEOPLE> If we stayed in good hotels and were paid properly then yes wqe would
<^Hawkbot^> Tracklist even
*** Mode change "-v gwion" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
*** Mode change "+v linuxchaos" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<linuxchaos> Have you read David Icke? A lot of the subject matter of his books seems to reflect Hawkwind lyrics
*** Mode change "-v linuxchaos" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
<HAWKPEOPLE> Loosely based and we are in collaberation with Mike Moorcock and Butterworth
<HAWKPEOPLE> We are aware of him
<^Hawkbot^> Who is there at the moment Hawkpeople?
*** Mode change "+v fixnekep" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<HAWKPEOPLE> Simon, Richard, Ali and Dave
*** Mode change "+v ProfColin" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<ProfColin> What are the "tapes of old material" that you have found? Are they live recordings?
*** Mode change "-v fixnekep" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
*** Mode change "-v ProfColin" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
<HAWKPEOPLE> Ahh, you mean the secret tapes
*** Mode change "+v `Alisa" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<HAWKPEOPLE> Yes they are live
<`Alisa> do you plan to make a Europena tour?
*** ProfColin has left channel #hawkwind.org.uk
<`Alisa> European... and when?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Yes
*** Mode change "-v `Alisa" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
*** Mode change "+v ferg" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<HAWKPEOPLE> As soon as we can arrange it and it is practical, we are working on it now
<ferg> Any work being done with William Orbit ? Any news on the old BBC footage? any news on the bbc Documentary ? playing anymore summer shows
*** Mode change "-v ferg" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
<HAWKPEOPLE> Yes planning summer shows and bbc doc is still ongoing
*** magnu2000de has left channel #hawkwind.org.uk
*** Mode change "+v MAHKNO" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<MAHKNO> What are you using as the main recorder for the new material?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Simon needs to go in a minute, so any questions for him?
*** Mode change "-v MAHKNO" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
<HAWKPEOPLE> PC Logic Audio
<^Hawkbot^> CHANNEL is being demoderated for 1 minute
*** Mode change "-m" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
*** m1cans (Micans at 62.6.65.100) has joined channel #hawkwind.org.uk
<Elric_Of_Melnibone> How much input has Mike Morrcock contributed towards the new album so far? How much of the new material do you think you will perform at the Devon festival?
<^Hawkbot^> please ask questions for simon...
<katweezel> wil you play a set based on the destruction of the death generator at the festival in july? and can we still get tickets?
*** magnu2000de (bernhard.p at p5087CA31.dip.t-dialin.net) has joined channel #Hawkwind.org.uk
*** kpgdmr (~KEDRLON at 65.31.101.244) has joined channel #hawkwind.org.uk
<ArinK> folks, just questions for simon now, please
<gwion> Simon - what solo projects atr you doing?
<kitthehammer> Any projects with tony hill at all...high tide?
<Elric_Of_Melnibone> Simon, What are you doing as far as solo work goes?
<turban-guerilla> will you be playing bradford we havent seen you there for 11 years and are there any plans on relesing the hawkestra video yet?
<HAWKPEOPLE> New solo album and no not with Tony Hill
<gwion> simon - what's the best keyboard you've used?
<Keef> How's Bertie?:)
<ArinK> ok folks, we are going to remoderate the channel now, so hawkpeople have a chance to answer.....
*** Mode change "+m" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
<HAWKPEOPLE> A Steinway Grand
<HAWKPEOPLE> Yes to the other questions
*** Mode change "+v kitthehammer" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<kitthehammer> any chance of dreadzone, tony Mission Controlphee and blue aeroplanes playing festy, what happened to graham coxon at xmas gig?
*** Mode change "-v kitthehammer" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
<HAWKPEOPLE> He had to go to Scandinavia due to illness
*** Mode change "+v turban-guerilla" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<HAWKPEOPLE> Band lineup for festie not confirmed yet
*** Strawb has left channel #hawkwind.org.uk
*** Mode change "+o Keef" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<Keef> What bout other things apart from bands?
*** Mode change "+v cosmicdolphin" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
*** Mode change "+v Guest74045" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<cosmicdolphin> Dave can you remember, did you ever record anything on 16th March 1970?
<HAWKPEOPLE> workshops, drumming, art, food kids area jazz, etc
*** Mode change "-v cosmicdolphin" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<Keef> sounds fun
<turban-guerilla> will you be playing bradford we havent seen you there for 11 years and are there any plans on relesing the hawkestra video yet?whos filming the leeds irish centre gig last nov?
<HAWKPEOPLE> No idea
*** Mode change "-v turban-guerilla" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
*** Mode change "+v Hawkwindfish" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<Hawkwindfish> Hi Simon Richard, Ali and Dave - Does 2002 still look good for an Australian tour?
*** Mode change "-v Hawkwindfish" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
<HAWKPEOPLE> Australia still looks good
*** Mode change "+v m1cans" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<m1cans> any chance of live poetry at festival - John Cooper Clarke etc. ?
*** Mode change "-v m1cans" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
*** Mode change "+v linuxchaos" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<Keef> Will there be a Wickerman full of ozit CDs?
*** Mode change "+v katweezel" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<katweezel> will you play a set from the death generator at the festival?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Nik Turner will not allow release of Hawkestra tapes because he played so badly on it
<linuxchaos> Is there any chance you can rerelease Hawklords on CD and the First two solo albums?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Maybe poetry
*** Mode change "-v linuxchaos" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
*** Mode change "+v Elric_Of_Melnibone" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<Elric_Of_Melnibone> Re; Logic Audio. Is that Emagic L.A.? - Platinum perhaps? How long have you been using it? I record with the Gold version and think its great....
<katweezel> are there tickets left for festival?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Wickerman full of ozit!
*** Mode change "-v Elric_Of_Melnibone" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
*** Mode change "-v katweezel" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
*** Mode change "+v magnu2000de" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<HAWKPEOPLE> Odd tracks from DG
<magnu2000de> Any gigs in Germany this year ??
<magnu2000de> Any chance to hear DAMNATION ALLEY live this year ??
*** Mode change "-v magnu2000de" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
*** Mode change "-v magnu2000de" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
*** Mode change "-v Guest74045" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<HAWKPEOPLE> Ours is the diamond version (customised)
*** Mode change "+v gwion" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<HAWKPEOPLE> Possibly D Alley
*** Mode change "+v katweezel" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<gwion> I'm bringing my kids to the fest - it seems to be a family event - my son's a keen drummer - wiill he be able to have a go?
*** Mode change "-v gwion" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
<katweezel> do you really hate nik turner?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Possibly Hawklords
<HAWKPEOPLE> Yes at Richards drum workshop
*** Mode change "-v katweezel" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
<HAWKPEOPLE> No, but he hates us
*** Mode change "+v ferg" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
*** Mode change "+v turban-guerilla" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<HAWKPEOPLE> Gigs in Germany planned
<turban-guerilla> why does nik hate you? and what as happened to ron and jerry then ?
*** Mode change "-v turban-guerilla" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
*** Mode change "+v `Alisa" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<`Alisa> did you find a proper record label for new album?
*** Mode change "-v `Alisa" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
<ferg> got any news you want to share, that you havent told us yet ?
*** Mode change "-v ferg" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<HAWKPEOPLE> We think he is jealous of us for some reason, he cannot seem to do anything on his own merit. He should concentrate on playing under his own name with his own band instead of using the name Hawkwind and so decieving fans with bad material
<HAWKPEOPLE> Not yet but EMI are interested
*** Mode change "+v linuxchaos" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<HAWKPEOPLE> No news we can think of
<linuxchaos> Will Lemmy feature in the new/current project
*** Mode change "-v linuxchaos" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
<HAWKPEOPLE> No
*** Mode change "-v linuxchaos" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<HAWKPEOPLE> He is too expensive
<^Hawkbot^> CHANNEL WILL BE DEMODERATED BRIEFLY
<ArinK> Please, try not to inundate Hawkpeople with too many questions all at once.
<HAWKPEOPLE> Richard is also doing a fashion show at festie
*** Mode change "-m" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
<Hawkwindfish> Any chance of 70's material being released on CD again? Would like to see QS&C re released
<fixnekep> Dave, do you ever still go busking or are tempted to? Or how about an unplugged album?
<magnu2000de> Any plans to release more live stuff ??
<magnu2000de> Was the Nov. 2001 tour successfull for you ???
<Elric_Of_Melnibone> Dave? Are you gonna do a workshop at devon? ((Cheeky Question here...... I would love to jam with the band (one song?) one day?? (guitar player here) :-)
<linuxchaos> So will Mike M. be reading onstage/on the album?
<HAWKPEOPLE> And a DJ set
<katweezel> how many more albums to do? do you wish you could live forever?
<kitthehammer> does dave have a protege ie how much longer can his back hold out?
*** Mode change "+m" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
<ArinK> Hi folks.  We've remoderated to give Hawkpeople a chance to answer some of that last round of questions :-)
*** ferg has left channel #Hawkwind.org.uk
<HAWKPEOPLE> QS&C may be released soon
*** FoFP (hw at atl5-ug2.publab.ed.ac.uk) has joined channel #Hawkwind.org.uk
<HAWKPEOPLE> no unplugged album
<HAWKPEOPLE> no more live releases planned at the mo
*** Mode change "+v FoFP" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
<FoFP> Am I here?
<^Hawkbot^> FoFP you have the chair !
<^Hawkbot^> ask a question.......
<FoFP> Err, this is only my 2nd ever attempt at this
<FoFP> so who else is in?
<^Hawkbot^> please ask a question.....
<HAWKPEOPLE> Mike M will be reading on album, but dont know about live as he has bad health
<FoFP> Is there an album planned from the last tour?
*** Mode change "-v FoFP" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ^Hawkbot^
*** Mode change "-v FoFP" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
<HAWKPEOPLE> Band must leave soon so anymore questions.....5 minutes
<HAWKPEOPLE> Just Ali and Dave here now
*** Mode change "-m" on channel #hawkwind.org.uk by ArinK
<^Hawkbot^> CHANNEL WILL BE DEMODERATED
<ArinK> OK folks.  we are now demoderated.
<fixnekep> Will successful passport holders be notified about the festival individually by e-mail?
<magnu2000de> Was the Nov. 2001 tour successfull for you ???
<Elric_Of_Melnibone> if I put new strings on me guitar can I jam with the band?
<kitthehammer> do you know the rediculous money pxr5, hawklords and warrior are going for on ebay?
<katweezel> dave- is ali the best bass player you've played with, or lemmy?
<turban-guerilla> we are all sorry to hear of micheal moorcocks bad health when you talk to him can you tell him all the hawkfans wish him well
<gwion> Ali - what future plans with Bedouin?
<HAWKPEOPLE> No album planned from last tour
<FoFP> Huh? What's happening with Mike M?
<turban-guerilla> can i have a backstage pass on the next tour pleze
<linuxchaos> Gaz you can mail him at www.multiverse.org !!
<turban-guerilla> kozmik
<HAWKPEOPLE> passport holders will be informed about tickets
<linuxchaos> Dave what is your favourite film?
<FoFP> I wonder if MM feels chuffed that the physicists are talking about multiverses as the standard model these dayas
<HAWKPEOPLE> How much are they going for on ebay?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Ali is best bass player
<turban-guerilla> if i apply for my passport next week is there still time to get a ticket
<^Hawkbot^> ££££££££££££££'s !
<cosmicdolphin> Warrior is going for 50quid
<FoFP> I saw PXR5 go for 35 Dollars
<HAWKPEOPLE> Beduin plans depend upon Hawkwind plans
<FoFP> and that's just the CD
<Elric_Of_Melnibone> I've bid on Warrior and it went as hi as $150 US
<cosmicdolphin> Quark 25-40 pounds
<Elric_Of_Melnibone> so I quit
<linuxchaos> Agents/Earthed CD is $90
<fixnekep> Spanish Silver Machine from 1972 going for £60 in record Collector!
<kitthehammer> hawklords impossible to find on cd
<FoFP> I got that Sonic Attack poster, the one from the Ritual tour with the bloke with broken glasses
<turban-guerilla> i got daves 1st 2 solo albums on ebay for 12 note for em both
<FoFP> I was chuffed bout that
<HAWKPEOPLE> Still time for passports
<FoFP> Q: Will the band be doing the Bikesjhow this Julty
<Elric_Of_Melnibone> Ali's Bass playing kicks ass man - Hawkestra really blew me away - powerful
<FoFP> or does the Devon thang mean that's not poss?
<cosmicdolphin> Are there anyplans for emi to rerelease+remaster warrior?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Must go now, any further questions will be answered later if you email us
<turban-guerilla> especially on sputnik stan at hawkestra mean bass ali
<Keef> Thanks.
<magnu2000de> Thanks HAWKWIND!!!!!
<FoFP> Cheers
<cosmicdolphin> Thanks all
<Elric_Of_Melnibone> Thank you HAWKWIND!!!!!!!!
<ArinK> Thank you Hawkwind, for joining us today.
<turban-guerilla> cheers guys nice one
<linuxchaos> Cheers< All the best!!!!
<gwion> bye!!
<kitthehammer> cheers
<m1cans> Long may you fly dudes !
<Hawkwindfish> thank you HAWKWIND
<Elric_Of_Melnibone> have fun in the studio!!!!!!!
<turban-guerilla> come back soon
<fixnekep> keep it t0gether!
<Keef> Is it written?
<katweezel> bom shankar!
<HAWKPEOPLE> Must go now, any further questions will be answered if you email us
<`Alisa> thank you HW
<Elric_Of_Melnibone> where do we email for direct contact?
<turban-guerilla> why dont u give nik a beating till he gives in and lets u relese hawkestra
<^Hawkbot^> There will be a q&A link on Mission Control
<Elric_Of_Melnibone> groovy mayn
<m1cans> release it anyway, he uses HW name all the time
<`Alisa> great idea, Rik!
*** Signoff: kitthehammer (Quit: Space Is Deep.. håWK§©®ïþt)
<linuxchaos> So is Nik delaying the release of Hawkestra?
<turban-guerilla> i missed the hawkestra but would love to see it on vid sometime
<turban-guerilla> im gonna miss the fezzy to bo ho ho
<linuxchaos> cheers up gaz
<magnu2000de> I am still looking for ADRIAN PARR. Anyone know what happened to him ???
<linuxchaos> have a cyber Black Vodka & tango
<Elric_Of_Melnibone> is he the guy that was doing the Hawkwind book?
<Keef> not seen him in ages
<linuxchaos> I would like to know, Bernhard
<magnu2000de> Yes Michael
<Elric_Of_Melnibone> dunno - not a peep mate
IRC log ended Thu Apr 25 12:28

(end band chat)

Arin Komins                                   akomins at uchicago.edu
Manager of Web Systems Architecture
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559