Clear Channel suggests 150 songs for stations to avoid (9/18/2001)

Craig Shipley mr_ship at BELLSOUTH.NET
Tue Sep 18 10:30:51 EDT 2001

Did they say that they _should_ play BOC's "Divine Wind"???

Good thing that they also never heard of Masterminds' first release,
BRAINSTORM. With such titles as "Call To Arms", "Tidings Of Battle", "Eye Of
The Storm" and "War Machine", they would be having little pink kittens...

(For those of you that have not heard of Mastermind, this 1987 debut release
sounds VERY militaristic, if you couldn't guess from the titles. Sounds a
lot like BRAIN SALAD SURGERY-era ELP, with Bill Berends on
MIDI-synth-guitar, guitar, bass and vox (no keyboards!), his brother Rich on
drums & percussion and Phil Antolino on bass & MIDI-bass pedals. A snippet
of the lyrics from "A Call To Arms":

"Victory, oh noble victory...we know our
Cause is true now, it's clear we're right.
Sympathies, oh holy sympathies...
For those who did not make it through last night.
Following the call of the wild
We've shed our innocence, but like a child
We've lost our way...oh holy way
Cat's claw, nature's law, destiny
Eagle's flight, the signal light is clear
To lead the way...oh holy way"

NP: Mastermind Vol. 1

Ship

SNIP!