HW:Calvert influences

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Fri Sep 7 12:54:58 EDT 2001

Nick Medford wrote:
> I don't know how well known the execrable Oasis are in the States, but you
> could have a field day with them.

Oasis, like every rock band that becomes massively popular in the US today,
only had two songs consistently played on the radio. "Wonderwall" was in
such heavy rotation for a while that it would sometimes be playing on two
separate stations at the same time...and Rochester is a relatively small
radio market. Fortunately, I haven't heard any Oasis on the radio for a
couple of years now.

Ditto for Blur, though I like a few of their songs. Actually, anything
resembling '60s psychedelia is passe now. I bet even the next Lenny Kravitz
album will disappear without a trace.

Brian
obCD> The Bevis Frond "It Just Is"

--