Off: MQB

mike coleman deltawave at METRONET.COM
Thu Oct 25 16:12:19 EDT 2001

ok- I'm sneaking in for a minute

this comment has nothing to do with the excitement being currently
generated by the shows, and I am sure they are "mind expanding"....

played "Definative" last night with all the normal preparations required to
knock my guilty conscious back (and admittedly it almost doesn't work
anymore)

anyway-  for the third time (with this particular CD) it was all I could do
to hang in for 30 minutes-  terrible boredom and sinking spirits--

I FORCED FORCED FORCED myself to hang in there, like I set out to do last time-

indeed, the music improved after that 30 minutes-

BUT

these comments remain

1) I found myself about to PRAY for the CD to end-  it seems like it NEVER ENDS

2) Super great sprinkling of effects, here and there-  I can see if I had
taken some "Brainsquid", it might have helped, but at 36, I can't do this
for every CD I play...(I could if I wanted though)

3) Too much repetetitve riffing, monotone sounds-  needs hypodermic
injection of, dare I say it- METAL-

maybe they have 'cranked up' since that CD, but I just have to bail on this
one-
so back into the mainstream I went-  "days of the new"'s newest one ,
called "days of the new" (hehe) was great.......it ,too, was a little
mooshy here and there- but not bad-

I think the best thing I heard last night was a Langton Riff popping out at
me from a slightly unclear recording and I had to consciously stop the
little air guitar I was trying to play.... but that wonderful sustained
sound came launching forth and made the ears stand up for a second...I hope
the "electric eye" spy was focused on the neighbors house at that moment....

mike