HW: a new remaster?

Thu Oct 11 11:36:45 EDT 2001

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, mike c wrote:

> I also heard that Phil Howard has a CDR about to be out, including some
> work with the Captain, etc.....

        For the file... :-) Is this out? Does anyone know the title, and
is it correct that it has Hawks on it somewhere?

> and speaking of the other Captain (Rizz)......life is a dull void if you
> don't have "I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW MY BRAIN HAS GONE"
>
> I was too drunk to carry it around at the 98 SD fest, and I passed on it,
> and I suffered for 3 long years as a result of this rediculous horror in
> judgement...
>
> It's got Alan and Ron on it, it is simply fantastic, and after you play
> this, and then Manifesto back-to back, I feel confident that you will agree
> to "Chant For Rizz" in 2002

        What little of his solo output I've heard has actually impressed
me much more than his Hawkwind involvement. The most worrying example of
this was when the fair that habitually sets up camp in Cambridge every
other month was in town, at a period when I was living just off the Common
where it set up, so I had to pass it every time I wanted to go into
town. I went round the outside so half the lights and bustle were cut off
from me and I'd be walking past this curtain of growling black
diesel-engined things with lights and screaming going on above them. I
once did this shortly after listening to _New World's Fair_ (quite
deliberatly because of having to walk past it, made me feel better about
not having time to go in) and while I was going past with `Rollin' in the
Ruins' playing merrily in my head I suddenly thought "I know that
voice" and lo Captain Rizz was being pumped out of one of the rides' sound
system at full volume. I did begin to wonder which world I was in at that
point. Yours,
              Jon

--
           Jon Jarrett                     "Two men say they're Jesus,
          (01223 514989)                   One of 'em must be wrong..."