HW: RFH

Alastair Lee Sumner als at POSTMASTER.CO.UK
Thu Oct 11 09:14:12 EDT 2001

I couldn't get into it at all last night, a combination of my bad mood
created by the redundancies at my workplace yesterday, thoughts of war and
the appalling mixing last night. It's a shame because it looked like it was
probably a good gig if you could hear anything properly. I think I could
just about hear Dave Brock's guitar but I'm not sure. His vocals were way
too loud at the start of some songs. I couldn't hear any sax whatsoever
until the encore. And the rest sounded Yuri Gargarin on acid. So much for
my 5th row, almost dead center, best seat in the house.  I did at least
like Tim Blake and Dave Brock doing New Jerusalem? and Ali Daveys's head
gear. But overall I was dead to Hawkwind last night and it sounded shite.

Alastair.