BRAIN: The Surgeons in Raleigh

Jean Lansford oystrgal at BELLSOUTH.NET
Sat Oct 6 14:10:45 EDT 2001

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, albert bouchard wrote:

>>          Hmm. Maybe this is just too sneaky but I remember that shortly
>>before that someone posted an AOL chat with Eric and Buck to the list in
>>which Eric said they were considering working one of the old tunes up (I
>>shout for `Donovan's Monkey' :-)), which of course so far they haven't
>>done. I just wonder if Al saw that and decided he'd beat them to it. If
>>you were going to do that of course, you'd kind of have to pick the one
>>that BOC had used for the title of the last album but which isn't on it,
>>now, wouldn't you?
>
>I didn't see Eric and Buck's comments and wasn't trying to beat them
>to it (wouldn't be hard now would it? as they tend to procrastinate)
>but yes, I thought it ironic that they picked that title and wanted
>folks to hear the song of the same name live.

IIRC, that performance was immediately preceded by a certain
hyperactive little drummer pacing the stage muttering "We know
lotsa songs!" *grins*

>>          I still can't figure out how to arrange CotHM for a three-piece
>>anyway. I can't see how it works without both piano and guitar lines. I
>>have too little imagination and no chance to see tBS do it :-( Yours,
>
>Not hard - driving rhythm guitar (a la John) simple smashing drums (a
>la Ringo) and some melodic motion in the bass (a la Paul) lay in a
>country style lead break (a la George) and you have it, perfection!
>Now if I could only get George and John to play at the same time. ;-)

You came close enough, dear.

*blows a kiss in your direction*

--
Jean Lansford
oystrgal at bellsouth.net

We must put excited feeling away. Our motive will not be revenge
or the victorious assertion of the physical might of the nation,
but only the vindication of right, of human right, of which we
are only a single champion.
 - Woodrow Wilson, War Messages, 2 April 1917